So, you've decided it's time to move, and building your dream home is now a possibility. Where do you begin? We've had many clients here at The Tuscan Group who have been ready to make the dream happen, but find the process daunting and often don't know where to begin.
TEN STEPS (more detail here):
- Choose home site, builder, and house plan.
- Line up financing and sign a contract.
- Permits, site prep and planning.
- Foundation, framing, windows, doors, roof, siding.
- Rough-ins, insulation.
- Sheetrock, trim carpentry and painting.
- Cabinets, flooring, other interior finishes.
- Well, septic, propane, final grading and landscaping.
- Final inspections and cleaning.
- Closing and move-in.
Our current development project, Cedar Mountain, is a large lot subdivision in North Chatham County, just 10 minutes from Chapel Hill. We are currently building in Phases I, II, and III. Contact us for more information on building in Cedar Mountain.